Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Parfait Obsession

I had a few obsessions while I was in Japan. Ramen, Bento, and parfait. Cat's cafe was a particularly awesome parfait shop in the Aeon/Jusco mall 15 minutes from my dorm.

From OmNom


Shiho and a tiramisu parfait.

From OmNom


Yuuki and some more Cat's Cafe parfait.

From OmNom


A parfait from the now extinct Skylark's (now just Gusto).

What's not to like about them? Sometimes me and some other exchange students would fantasize about opening up a parfait shop in America like one in Japan... when we magically have money... when we're real people.

Sometimes though they had really bitter coffee jelly in them. I dunno about that. I really did like the "Wafuu" or traditional Japanese style of parfait with green tea icecream, mochi, and azuki beans. Mmmm... I'm making myself hungry for things I can't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment